For this module, use 60/75 copper (Cu) for the power connections and 4.5 in-lb. of torque for the set screws.
To prevent errors in field device operation, follow these guidelines:
- Use shielded, twisted-pair cable (such as Belden 9418).
- Ground the shield of each signal cable at the AS-BDAU-204 only. At the other end of each signal cable, peel back the shield and insulate it from contact with the signal-carrying wires.
- Route each signal cable as far as possible from the sources of electrical noise (such as motors, transformers, contactors, and especially AC drives.
- If the signal cables must corss AC or power cables, ensure that they cross at right angles.
- When connecting field devices to the module, keep the unshielded portions of the signal-carrying wires as short as possible
After wiring the terminal blocks, use the supplied keys to prevent the blocks from being switched inadvertently.
DAU-204 Wiring Diagram: The following illustration is a wiring diagram and simplified schematic for the DAU-204 analog output module.
We reccomend that you connect the AS-BDAU-204 to the same 24 Vdc power supply being used to power the PLC (even if the module is in the rack but not being used). If this is not possible, we recommend that you supply power to the PLC before the DAU 204 using a power supply similar to the P120 (quick startup voltage). Failture to observe this precaution can cause abnormal operation.
Ensure that the voltage loads driven by the module can tolerate transients during rack and module startup. During startup, transients as great as 2 V may appear on the voltage output terminals for as long as 5 ms due to the characteristics of semiconductor devices. This does not occur with the module’s current output terminals.
Terminals 3, 5, 9, and 11 (- current out, and – voltage out) are internally tied as a group. Terminals 14, 16, 20, and 22 (- current out, and – voltage out) are internally tied as a group. Be sure not to cross groups.
You should short all unused current output terminals to disable the red current loop LEDs and alarm bit.
MRO Stock stocks a large number of AS-BDAU-204’s. To order a replacement/spare, or for technical support, call 800-691-8511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org